A pork steak (also known as blade steak), refers to the meat that is cut and taken from the shoulder blade of a pig. This cut is commonly used for barbecue parties because it is very tasty and it is rich in flavor. If you want to serve a scrumptious and healthy grilled dish at home, you need to learn how to grill pork steak perfectly. It is also beneficial to know the vegetables and spices that can be used along with the steak to prepare a delicious dish. Listed below, are some recipes that you may find useful while preparing grilled pork steak dishes.
Grilling Pork Steak with Teriyaki Sauce
For this special delicacy, you will need the following items.
- 3 pounds pork steaks cut into 2″ x 1″
- 2 cups soya sauce
- 1cup sugar
- a tbsp molasses
- dry sherry (an ounce)
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp grated garlic
- 1 tsp accent
- some freshly chopped parsley
Procedure to Make Grilled Pork With Teriyaki Sauce
- Keep a tablespoon of garlic and a tablespoon of ginger, aside.
- In a saucepan, mix 2 cups of soya sauce, 1 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of molasses, an ounce of dry sherry and 1 teaspoon of accent. Place the saucepan over low heat. Continue stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Next, add the garlic and ginger. Cook and stir for a minute. Set aside.
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl or resealable bag. Place the meat in the bowl or in the bag. Refrigerate the meat and marinate for at least two hours.
- Preheat the grill. Place the meat on the grill. Baste with the marinade and cook each side for 6-8 minutes.
- Place the meat on a plate and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Barbecue Pork Steaks
The dish contains four thin slices of pork steaks, a small bottle of Italian dressing and an envelope of meat marinade.
Making the Sauce
To make the sauce, you will need the following items.
- a medium package of regular flavor Open Bit
- a stick of butter
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp white corn syrup
Steps to Make Barbecue Pork Steaks
- Mix the Italian dressing and meat marinade in a bowl. Put the meat slices in the bowl and marinade for a day.
- Do not forget to place the steak and the marinade inside the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill and place the meat on the grill. Cook the meat for five to ten minutes on each side.
- While grilling the meat, prepare the sauce. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Brush the sauce onto meat two minutes before the steaks are done.
- Arrange the steaks on a plate and garnish with sliced lemon and chopped celery.